Fire up your students' mathemaginations!
Sparky Lesson Starters is our lively new set of resources aimed at providing you with...
- - hooks (interesting ways to lure students into maths lessons),
- - hacks (informal strategies that can be used to work out answers and show patterns),
- - tips (advice for maths starters)
- - and tricks (mathemagic, so to speak)
As a special offer to those who support our work, this is now available as a pre-order with 25% off. It will be sent to your Inbox at the end of August (before it is officially released), ready for the new school year. Sparky Lesson Starters is our attempt to bring together a selection of 'Aha!' moments to show your students the magic of maths. The resource has been written so that these are bite-sized chunks (perfect for lesson starters), but with opportunities to extend and develop concepts further (or use within the main body of a lesson).
Included in the pack are:
- - a PDF eBook containing teaching considerations, lesson starter activities and ideas
- - whiteboard presentations
- - short animated GIFs (or video clips) to demonstrate concepts and use as discussion starters
Sparky Lesson Starters will :
- - pique your students' mathematical curiosity and interest
- - provide you with interesting ways to tackle maths topics
- - provoke deeper thought and reasoning through carefully-planned extension questions
- - encourage students to consider the maths behind patterns and number 'tricks'
- - keep key concepts bubbling away
Get your copy now!
Sparky Lesson Starters costs only £11.99 as a Summer pre-order. Click the button below to be sent to our secure Paypal checkout. Once we have seen and processed your payment, we will record your details and email you the download links in mid-late August before the resource is released at full price on the website.